Xiaomi Surge S1 Octa-core SoC Launched
After establishing pinecone in 2014, Xiaomi has finally launched its initial in-house SOC known as Surge S1. it’s a 64-bit octa-core chipset with four ARM Cortex A53 cores 2.2Ghz and fours ARM Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.4 GHz. big.Little approach is enforced in order that the upper clocked cores lookout of intensive tasks; whereas, under clocked and fewer powerful cores was used for easy tasks.
Xiaomi Surge S1 SoC Details
To put in perspective, the Qualcomm snapdragon 625 contains of eight ARM Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.0GHz. Surge S1 has quad-core Mali-T860 GPU on board. a similar GPU is found on chips like Helio P10 and Helio P15. it’s factory-made use 28nm high-performance Computing (HPC) method.
The Surge S1 has 32-bit high acting DSP for higher voice-processing and 14-bit twin ISP for image process. Xiaomi claimed that Surge’s ISP algorithmic program improves camera light sensitivity by 150th. The chip additionally supports VoLTE line.
The CPU and GPU specifications reveal that the processor are going to be used on budget and mid-range phones. However, the Antutu score of 64,817 is praiseworthy. With this chip, Xiaomi has joined the elite list of smartphone makers like Apple, Samsung, and Huawei, that manufacture their own SOCs.
Xiaomi could become a lot of aggressive with rating if they use these chips on the phones discharged in international markets. The just-announced Mi 5c will be the 1st phone to use this SOC.
Surge S1 Specifications
- Octa-core 64-bit chipset (4xA53 cores 2.2GHz + 4xA53 cores 1.4GHz)
- 28nm high-performance Computing (HPC) method
- Mali-T860 quad-core GPU
- AFBC + ASTC compression technology
- 32-bit superior DSP for voice process
- 14-bit twin ISP; increased image process capabilities
- Surge ISP algorithmic program improves camera light sensitivity by 150th
- Dual noise reduction algorithm reduces noise and preserves image detail in low light
- Upgradable baseband; programmable modem, OTA upgradable
- VoLTE high-quality decision and video support
- Chip-level security; TEE design, strict compliance with safety laws